Eating healthy is not always easy when you are craving something sweet.
Bad enough if you’re into baking and only want to indulge in some home-made chocolatey goodness that’ll only leave you steps behind of the fitness journey you’ve started…
Worst still if you make a detour from work to grab a box full of sweet-somethings that will only eat away at your sculpturing waistline.
BUT never fear! There are many ways to eat your favourite sweet dishes without feeling guilty. These days, with a little search around, you can always find healthy alternatives to the things you crave the most.
If you are a fan of bananas, you’re in luck – banana muffins all my all-time favourite.
The best thing about this quick and easy recipe is that it does not contain a single drop of flour, so you can enjoy a muffin or two, or even three without worrying about adding unwanted weight on.
It is fairly simple to make – leaving a wonderful smell of spice and fruit spreading through your kitchen.
Flourless Banana Muffins
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
4 tbs milled flaxseed
1 tbs vanilla extract
½ tbs cinnamon
2 Ripe bananas
- Place all of the ingredients together and blend in a blender.
If you don’t own a blender you can:
- Place the eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon together and whisk until it is ready.
- Add the flaxseed and whisk again until it is absorbed into the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, peel and slice the bananas and whisk them until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg mixture into the banana mixture and mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Spray a muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Distribute the mixture evenly in the tray and bake at 190 C for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, leave to cool and drizzle with a bit of honey when ready to eat.
Note: Turn the oven on approximately 10 minutes before baking the muffins so it is hot and ready to bake away.
You can enjoy these delicious banana muffins for breakfast or even as snack when you are feeling hungry.